Both our Forster and Tuncurry Hospitals provide excellent levels of Small Animal Surgery, and while we are not considered a Specialist Surgical Clinic, we do have vast experience in both soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery that is difficult to find outside the major centres. We even have neighbouring practices refer difficult surgical cases through to us.
Soft Tissue surgeries include:
- Desexings of all small animal species.
- Corneal crosshatching
- Entropion and Ectropion Surgery
- Repair to the gland of the third eyelid (Cherry-Eye)
- Elongated soft palate
- Laryngeal hemiplasia
- Lung lobe removal
- Liver lobe removal.
- Gall bladder resection
- Intestinal Foreign Body Removal
- Bladder Surgery
- Ectopic ureter
- Perineal urethrostomy
- All tumour removals.
While we perform many soft tissue surgeries on a day to day basis, the range of orthopaedic surgery that we provide sets us apart from many other clinics, by both the range of surgery that we provide and our very high success rate with these surgeries rivalling that of only Specialist Hospitals.
Orthopedic Services that we provide:
- Long bone fracture repair using:
- External fixation
- Bone Plates
- Intramedullary Pinning
- Cerclage wires
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Repair
- Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA)
- De Angelis
- Pelvic reconstructions
- Bone grafting
- Jaw and Mandibular Fracture Repair